cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 18:45:05 GMT
Yeah :-/

~: svn mkdir http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/board-reports -m "board reports"
svn: E175013: POST of '/repos/asf/!svn/me': 403 Forbidden (http://svn.apache.org)

I know that http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/site/ is writable - that's our website,
and CMS doesn't even work with Git. I assumed other folders except for main are available
for writing. I was wrong.

I will probably just ask Infra to create a separate Git repo for reports. Maybe we call it
"cayenne-pmc" just in case we need to place something there that is not a board report in
the future.

For now I see no problem if we collaborate on the report using email and this list.

Andrus

On Sep 3, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:

> Well, according to our website:
>
> "For archival purposes SVN repository is still available in a read-only
> mode"
>
> And when I just tried to add the reports to SVN, I received:
>
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to
> MKACTIVITY request for
> '/repos/asf/!svn/act/be340dff-489e-479c-9c44-4367a994a635'
>

> So, I'm guessing SVN really is read-only?
>
> mrg
>

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:11 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were going to put it at the
>> top-level of SVN, not Git.
>>
>> With Git we have a different repository model. Instead of one huge SVN
>> tree that contains everything from the source code to sandbox to site
>> pages, Git is normally split into smaller repos. So
>> https://github.com/apache/cayenne corresponds to the former “main” folder
>> under http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/ .
>>
>> My suggestion would be to move board-reports to SVN.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Andrus
>>
>> On Sep 3, 2014, at 1:10 AM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Put the draft at board-reports/2014-09.md if anyone wants to review
>> it.  It
>>> is in Markdown format, so it should render well on GitHub, too.
>>>
>>> I also added the previous two (March and June), but wasn't planning on
>>> going back through my emails to add anything before 2014 unless anyone
>>> objects.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> mrg

>> andrus@objectstyle.org>