cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Checking md5 sums from a script for releases
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 21:09:46 GMT
I asked about this for the last release and the only comment was:

> Yeah, lately we've been using gpg for that instead of md5 command:

Is there a compelling reason to do this?   I have been unable to find
a simple scripted approach to validate an md5 signature produced by
gpg.

With a regular md5sum-produced file, I can use

find . -name '*.md5' -exec cat {} \; -printf '  %f\n' | sed
's|\.md5$||' | md5sum -c

and get a result for every file, no matter what the name.

The same exact approach works for sha1 signatures.

I haven't yet found a way to do with this gpg -print-md5 output,
although it could just be my own short-sightedness.