cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.1-final test scoresheet
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:22:33 GMT
+1 to making the constructor protected.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Usually we have private constructors for statics only classes (as is the case here).
It sort of indicates it to the end users that the class is not supposed to be instantiated.
While technically you won't get true polymorphism by inheriting from statics-only class in
Java, it may still be beneficial to add more static methods to a subclass I guess. So how
about we change that to protected? (in 3.2?)