cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: ROP over LinkRest
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 07:05:06 GMT
On 1/09/2014 4:17pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> More likely not to servlets, but to JAX-RS resources that work on top of servlets. Also
while we can have a single endpoint (say LinkRestResource) that dynamically serves all entities,
in this model it will be trivial to add per-entity endpoints , each with its own security
characteristics, all tied to a single ServerRuntime.

So the security model would be wrapped around URL paths rather than the types of entities
returned by the queries? That's quite nice since it means there are lots of options for security
outside of Cayenne, even down to simple authentication inside Apache httpd which can be controlled
against regex path expressions.

>> > * is it wise to tie it into Jodatime as that library is just now being replaced
by the new Java time classes?
> I hope LinkRest will be on Java 8 in the next 6 months. Then we drop Joda.

Well, there is already a port of the library for Java 7.

https://github.com/ThreeTen/threetenbp

I think this is the same code, but without the licensing that allows it to be called JSR-310.
I've been meaning to play with it myself, but haven't had the time yet. I'm hoping it is drop-in
compatible.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis