cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: our first pull request
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 07:20:19 GMT
Yeah good question. I wonder if the ASF admins who manage apache/* on GitHub can delegate us
some permissions to do that?

Andrus

On Aug 15, 2014, at 3:19 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> How do we go about closing the pull request? Does the submitter have to do it themselves?
Will we end up with a litter of unclosed requests?

> Ari
>

> On 15/08/2014 4:20am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> So our git switchover is finally having tangible benefits - we can use GitHub pull
requests from contributors. I just processed one per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1942
. Very nice and easy for people who want to send patches to Cayenne.

>> We need to document the details eventually. The best docs that I found are from Mahout
project:

>> https://mahout.apache.org/developers/github.html
>>
>> We’ll need something similar.
>>
>> I still haven’t seen Jira integration working per https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/improved_integration_between_apache_and
. Perhaps we need to ping infra to clarify how this works.