cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: 3.2M2
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2014 08:27:57 GMT
That's to be expected for an open source project without specific marketing goals to hit. I
moved the other tasks assigned to you (or no one) to M3.

As for CAY-1559, have you backed that one out completely now for performance reasons?

Ari

On 16/08/2014 10:17pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> We are notoriously bad at scheduling tasks for specific releases. What I would actually
like to fix before M2 are these 2:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1943
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1841
>
> CAY-1841 is half done, but requires significant cleanup. Working on these now.
>
> I was also going to start a vote on 3.1-final shortly. Not sure if starting both votes
simultaneously makes it easier or harder on PMC and others evaluating the code (??)

> Andrus
>

> On Aug 16, 2014, at 3:52 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
>> Lots of good things have already landed in 3.2M2 and I think it would be nice to
cut a release. I've just looked through the open tasks assigned to this milestone. If anyone
has anything not in the list and wants it to go into M2, please speak up now.

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1743?jql=project%20%3D%20CAY%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.2.M2%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC
>>

>> So here is what is left:
>>
>> Assigned to John
>>
>> CAY-1902 	Implement resolving Db paths for DataObjects	John Huss
>>

>> Assigned to Michael
>>
>> CAY-1813 	Missing ObjEntity Attribute Validation with Duplicate DbEntity Columns
Michael Gentry

>> Assigned to Andrus
>>
>> CAY-1559 	Use Lifecycle Annotations as markers on PersistentObject methods	Andrus
Adamchik
>> CAY-1743 	Consider dropping "read-only" flag from ObjRelationships	Andrus Adamchik
>> CAY-1747 	New algorithm for tracking changes to DbEntities underlying flattened attributes
and relationships	Andrus Adamchik
>> CAY-1752 	Java type should be a property of DbAttribute, not ObjAttribute	Andrus
Adamchik
>> CAY-1784 	Improving 'Property' class to handle a few extra common cases	Andrus Adamchik
>> CAY-1830 	SQLSelect enhacements	Andrus Adamchik
>> CAY-1925 	cayenne-crypto: add optional compression to the encryption pipeline	Andrus
Adamchik
>> CAY-1927 	Use deferred constraint checking on the databases that support it	Andrus
Adamchik
>> CAY-1756 	Integrate test cases for CAY-1755	Andrus Adamchik
>> CAY-1767 	cdbimport improvements: Guess common driver names for the known DBs	Andrus
Adamchik
>> CAY-1773 	Allow catalog selection during reverse engineering	Andrus Adamchik
>>
>> Assigned to no one
>>
>> CAY-1895 	Prevent ObjRelationship from recalculating various derived values	Unassigned
>> CAY-1746 	Two InsertBatchQueries generated for a single DbEntity insert when this
DbEntity has a flattened attribute and a flattened relationship	Unassigned
>> CAY-1411 	Generated subclasses are not abstract for abstract entities	Unassigned
>>

>> Some of these tasks are a bit stale (old patches). Should we move some or all of
them into M3? What do we think about a release in the next few weeks?

>> Ari
>>

>> --
>> Aristedes Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis