cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Java 8
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:38:31 GMT
Still Java 8 just came out I decided to try and compile Cayenne using it
(oracle version).  The code compiled without a problem.  There were a bunch
of javadoc issues that caused that part to fail so I fixed all those except
this one (since I'm not sure what to change it to):

[ERROR]
> /Users/john/cayenne/docs/doc/target/sources/org/apache/cayenne/access/translator/batch/SoftDeleteTranslatorFactory.java:28:
> error: reference not found
> [ERROR] * Implementation of {@link #BatchQueryBuilderFactory}, which uses
> 'soft' delete
> [ERROR] ^

Then the modeler failed to build on Mac because it couldn't find
com.apple.eawt:

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
> (default-compile) on project cayenne-modeler-mac-ext: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
> [ERROR]
> /Users/john/cayenne/modeler/cayenne-modeler-mac-ext/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/modeler/osx/OSXPlatformInitializer.java:[39,21]
> error: package com.apple.eawt does not exist

This package (and the classes) DOES exist in rt.jar, so for some reason it
is just not finding it.  If I comment out the apple code then the entire
build completes successfully.

John