cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 8
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:25:57 GMT
Unless there is a compelling reason, I would not stop supporting Java
6 on 3.2.   Most of the app servers out there still require Java 6
when I looked last month --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_application_servers

My primary client is once again considering switching from JPA to
Cayenne, and all of our Oracle app servers run Java 6.   More on this
possibility on a separate thread.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Andrus Adamchik
<andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Oh, nice! I missed the announcement.
>
>>> [ERROR] * Implementation of {@link #BatchQueryBuilderFactory}, which uses
>
> Should be BatchTranslator. This is a recent refactoring.
>
>>> [ERROR]
>>> /Users/john/cayenne/modeler/cayenne-modeler-mac-ext/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/modeler/osx/OSXPlatformInitializer.java:[39,21]
>>> error: package com.apple.eawt does not exist
>
> Yeah, this worked with Oracle Java 7, so there's gotta be a way to make it work.
>
> I wonder if we use this occasion to stop supporting Java 6 on 3.2. This is such an old
news. Anyways just throwing it here to see if anyone has strong objections.