cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Upgraded to JUnit 4
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 15:46:40 GMT
We are using Mockito in Cayenne.

As for TestNG, I recall we did a research some time ago and found a few things that we might
take advantage of in Cayenne. Just don’t remember what those are :)

Andrus

On Mar 29, 2014, at 4:00 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I upgraded my cayenne project from junit 3.8.1 to
> junit4 a couple of weeks ago.
>
> After a couple of days, I decided that upgrading to TestNG made more
> sense, as it supports everything that junit4 did plus a lot more.  The
> latest versions of TestNG will also run junit tests -- all 1500 of my
> tests are running under it.
>
> A couple of other testing libraries that I have found to be extremely
> helpful are Mockito and fest.   Mockito has greatly reduced the amount
> of work I needed to write tests, and fest has made the assertions
> human-readable.  No more wondering whether I switched expected with
> actual.
>

> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> Just committed JUnit upgrade to version 4.11 from the ancient 3.8.1.
>>
>> Was pleasantly surprised that it is fully backwards compatible, so we don't need
to rewrite all our existing tests to use annotations. I had to do some non-test file renaming
though, so that surefire-plugin does not attempt to run them as tests.

>> So for now it is business as usual, but we have the ability to use all the new features
in JUnit 4, and eventually clean up our cross-DB test hacks.