cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Information for GSOC 2014
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 05:12:51 GMT
Cayenne's concept of a data model is pretty much at the core of the whole library. To replace
that, and the fact that entities are all subclasses of Cayenne entity classes, doesn't seem
to be particularly helpful.

It is fairly trivial to change the velocity templates to add some annotations to the generated
classes, if that helps with your readability.

Having said that, we are always open to ideas and contributions. But I think your proposal
for this idea needs to be more defined and narrow in scope. Perhaps a conversion between JPA
annotations and cayenne modeler XML?

Ari

On 14/03/2014 3:32pm, Eshan Sudharaka wrote:
> Hi Aristedes ,
>
> I have used cayenne for object relational mapping for some projects. And I rather prefer
to have annotation
> support like we have in Hibernate and its really readable when we have annotations for
object relationships.

> Could you please share your thoughts on this. Like how feasible this is and the scope
is with in or beyond the gsoc
> time line.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org <mailto:ari@maniatis.org>>
wrote:

>     Hi Eshan,
>
>     Thanks for your interest in the Apache Cayenne project. While we have no formal GSOC
2014 projects planned, perhaps you'd like to propose the areas in which you are interested
in Cayenne. What is your experience with Cayenne and what areas would you like to work on?

--
Aristedes Maniatis