cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject API for ServerRuntime building
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:43:43 GMT
In case you were wondering about a bunch of recent 3.2 Jiras, I’ve been finding myself a
lot lately in a situation when I need to create multiple ad-hoc ServerRuntimes to handle various
tasks via SQL. I thought it would be cool to be able to start ServerRuntime with no XML project.
And even in cases when there is a DataMap, it often seems counterintuitive to reference it
in a SQLTemplate that doesn’t deal with mapped entities. So this is what it is all about.

As a side effect, the new ServerRuntimeBuilder API provides an easier way to collect custom
DI modules before sticking them in runtime and a few other good things.

Andrus