cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 RC1?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:27:55 GMT
I may need to dig through the procedure test failures, but ReturnTypesMappingTest IIRC is just
Oracle not providing the metadata that we need. So we can’t make the right assertion.

BTW all the recent commits on 3.1 branch were about unit test robustness. None of the failures
I’ve dealt with in the past month were bugs in the code.

Andrus

On Feb 6, 2014, at 5:22 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> I'm a traditionalist, but isn't "release candidate" a version ready for release? I haven't
looked at the bugs below (and don't have Oracle installed anywhere since I dropped support
for it in my products several years ago), but are they serious? Do we care about releasing
with them?

> Maybe it is just splitting hairs, since rc has become the "new beta" for many projects.
The purpose here is to get a wider audience and testing I guess. So that's a big plus.

> Do we have any regular Oracle users on this list? Are these errors just something do
to with a particular Oracle driver mapping?

> Ari
>

> On 6/02/2014 12:04am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> I just did some testing across various DBs, fixing a bunch of unit tests in the process.
Below are the results. I think we should go with RC.