cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: API for ServerRuntime building
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 17:40:55 GMT
Sounds really useful. And convenient for writing unit tests as well.

Ari

On 15/02/2014 12:43am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> In case you were wondering about a bunch of recent 3.2 Jiras, I’ve been finding myself
a lot lately in a situation when I need to create multiple ad-hoc ServerRuntimes to handle
various tasks via SQL. I thought it would be cool to be able to start ServerRuntime with no
XML project. And even in cases when there is a DataMap, it often seems counterintuitive to
reference it in a SQLTemplate that doesn’t deal with mapped entities. So this is what it
is all about.

> As a side effect, the new ServerRuntimeBuilder API provides an easier way to collect
custom DI modules before sticking them in runtime and a few other good things.

--
Aristedes Maniatis