cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 RC1?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:34:41 GMT
Also I personally treat RC as a production-ready label. Not as a gimmick to get testers :)

On Feb 6, 2014, at 5:27 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> I may need to dig through the procedure test failures, but ReturnTypesMappingTest IIRC
is just Oracle not providing the metadata that we need. So we can’t make the right assertion.

> BTW all the recent commits on 3.1 branch were about unit test robustness. None of the
failures I’ve dealt with in the past month were bugs in the code.

> Andrus
>
> On Feb 6, 2014, at 5:22 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm a traditionalist, but isn't "release candidate" a version ready for release?
I haven't looked at the bugs below (and don't have Oracle installed anywhere since I dropped
support for it in my products several years ago), but are they serious? Do we care about releasing
with them?

>> Maybe it is just splitting hairs, since rc has become the "new beta" for many projects.
The purpose here is to get a wider audience and testing I guess. So that's a big plus.

>> Do we have any regular Oracle users on this list? Are these errors just something
do to with a particular Oracle driver mapping?

>> Ari
>>

>> On 6/02/2014 12:04am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> I just did some testing across various DBs, fixing a bunch of unit tests in the
process. Below are the results. I think we should go with RC.

>>> hsql:		PASSED
>>> h2:		PASSED
>>> derby:		PASSED
>>> mysql 5.0: 	PASSED (with the following config [1])
>>> mysql 5.6: 	PASSED (with the following config [2])
>>>
>>> postgres	Failures: 1, Errors: 0
>>> 		testBLOB(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>>
>>> oracle 11:	Failures: 11, Errors: 9
>>> Failed tests:
>>> testBIGINT(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testBIT(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testBOOLEAN(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testDOUBLE(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testFLOAT(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testREAL(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testSMALLINT(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testTINYINT(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
>>> testBindCHARInWHERE(org.apache.cayenne.query.SQLTemplateTest)
>>> testLoad(org.apache.cayenne.access.DbLoaderTest)
>>> testBindingForCollection(org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BindDirectiveTest)
>>>
>>> Tests in error:
>>> testFetchLimit(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testSelect1(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testSelect2(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testSelect3(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testFetchOffset(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testColumnNameCapitalization(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testSelectDataObject(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)
>>> testSelectWithRowDescriptor(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextProcedureQueryTest)