cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 RC1?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:54:27 GMT
Hi Ari,

thanks for building this list. So..

CAY-1524 - I have no objections to fixing that in 3.1, before or after RC1. Or move it to
3.2 for that matter.
CAY-1480 - I just fixed it on 3.2
CAY-1470 - This is not fixed. I am not comfortable with the patches. Also latest Oracle drivers
remove a bunch of non-standard hacks. Maybe we need to reeval this once more. In any event,
not ready to put it in 3.1.
CAY-1437 - This is a new feature. We can't include it in 3.1.
CAY-1210 Both 3.1 and 3.2 support 'cayenne.runtime.db.collation.assume.ci'. It was added on
Sept 14, 2011, i.e. after the patches. I just added it to release notes and closed the Jira.
Dima, feel free to correct me here… and / or open a follow up Jira if there are leftovers.

I don’t see anything on the list that warrants attention in 3.1. So let’s probably move
the remaining ones to 3.2.

Andrus

On Jan 27, 2014, at 4:17 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> I think it is a fine idea, but we should review Jira.
>
> 1. If we abandon the idea of 3.1B3, then I'll merge this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY/fixforversion/12324064
back to the 3.0(final) milestone here:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY/fixforversion/12316229
>
> 2. There are still 29 open tasks in the 3.0 final milestone.
>
> Obviously all the big feature requests should be moved on to the future, but some of
the improvements actually already have patches. Like this: