cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: SonarQube Analysis
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 01:10:16 GMT
I've been slightly using Sonar for some years here. It has proved useful as a way to find some
simple improvements (StringBuilder instead of adding Strings, etc) but on the whole any of
the 'issues' less than "blocker" level aren't terribly useful. [1] And these days IDEs have
a lot of this analysis built-in.

It was useful to me for a while as a stick to beat the developers into increasing their javadoc
coverage and for its unit test coverage reports.

Ari

[1] "equals(Object obj)" and "hashCode()" should be overridden in pairs
is a good example of where it can catch subtle problems.

--
Aristedes Maniatis