cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cayenne 3.1 B3 dependencies missing commons-lang-2.6
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:21:57 GMT
Yes, commons-lang is from velocity.  I'm not using SQLTemplate nor
EJBQL so far as I can tell, but I still got hit with the dependency on
a new 3.1 project.   I haven't been required to have oro, only
commons-lang.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Cayenne does not have commons-lang dependency. I think it is a dependency of Velocity.
Velocity 1.6.3 depends on commons-lang 2.4 (and also oro 2.0.8 - why in the world people would
still use oro?)

> So commons-lang will be needed if you are running SQLTemplate and EJBQL queries (that
are using Velocity). Yeah, I think we need to somehow address that either in the docs and/or
by packaging those in third-party/ ..

> I also wish we reduce / remove our dependency on Velocity. Then we’ll be pretty close
to dependency-free holy grail for a typical user :)