cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: cayenne 3.1 B3 dependencies missing commons-lang-2.6
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:43:27 GMT
“Got hit” in what way? Are you using Maven?

On Dec 18, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, commons-lang is from velocity.  I'm not using SQLTemplate nor
> EJBQL so far as I can tell, but I still got hit with the dependency on
> a new 3.1 project.   I haven't been required to have oro, only
> commons-lang.
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> Cayenne does not have commons-lang dependency. I think it is a dependency of Velocity.
Velocity 1.6.3 depends on commons-lang 2.4 (and also oro 2.0.8 - why in the world people would
still use oro?)

>> So commons-lang will be needed if you are running SQLTemplate and EJBQL queries (that
are using Velocity). Yeah, I think we need to somehow address that either in the docs and/or
by packaging those in third-party/ ..

>> I also wish we reduce / remove our dependency on Velocity. Then we’ll be pretty
close to dependency-free holy grail for a typical user :)