cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Cayenne[Modeler] on Linux
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 08:03:32 GMT
So now we are talking about installer, i.e. something a level up from just a desktop app packager.
I wonder if having an .rpm and friends will do more harm than good, with blanket system updates
upgrading Cayenne to a version not compatible with the user apps (Cayenne is not a system
component after all, it is a dev library).

I wish there was something on Linux similar to OS X app bundle that would allow people to
drag a single folder from tar.gz to Desktop and get a launcher with a Cayenne icon, not just
a jar. I haven’t followed Linux desktop development lately. Maybe there is such solution?

Andrus

On Dec 1, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Adrian A. <a.adrian.tech@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> ... most of the work happened outside Cayenne, going into japp-maven-plugin [1],
which has become again a modern cross-platform tool to assemble Java desktop apps.