cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: back to monolithic cayenne.jar?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:32:27 GMT
This one looks good to me..

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 5:05 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Now that I gave it some thought, I actually like the idea of a system modular by default,
but including cayenne-all.jar on top of that. It has none of the drawbacks of our old “synthetic”
cayenne-server and cayenne-client. More practically, turns out that cleanly splitting the
core and server classes is much more effort than I am ready to undertake now. So we ended
up with these modules:

>  cayenne-di.jar
>  cayenne-server.jar => cayenne-di
>  cayenne-client.jar => cayenne-di, cayenne-server
>
> I guess I’ll leave it at that until a later time when we can cut smaller modules out
of cayenne-server.

> Andrus

DI and backend-indepdendent “core” :
>>> What about offering both? The modules, but also a "cayenne-all.jar"
>>> (or simply "cayenne.jar") ?
>>>

>>> Adrian
>>
>> This will take us back to aggregation of multiple modules into one. It was not a
pretty picture, so now I am *hoping* we can align the source modules with the binaries that
we release. However this can be an option for non-maven users I guess.