cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Child Contexts
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:42:56 GMT
So why not make ObjectContext extend DataChannel?  BaseContext already
implements both anyway.  Having to cast it is not really intuitive /
friendly.

John

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Child Contexts
To: user@cayenne.apache.org

Here is how you create a child context in 3.2 (in 3.1 'newContext' was
called 'getContext', otherwise it is similar) :

ObjectContext context = runtime.newContext();
ObjectContext childContext = runtime.newContext((DataChannel) context);

I.e. the parent context is a channel of the child. The cast above is
possible since DataContext implements DataChannel.

Andrus