cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:51:03 GMT
[07:47:10] ~/Projects/Eclipse/3.2-Release> /usr/libexec/java_home -V
Matching Java Virtual Machines (4):
    1.7.0_25, x86_64: "Java SE 7"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.7.0_07, x86_64: "Java SE 7"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_07.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.6.0_51-b11-456, x86_64: "Java SE 6"
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.6.0_51-b11-456, i386: "Java SE 6"
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home

[07:47:22] ~/Projects/Eclipse/3.2-Release> /usr/libexec/java_home
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home

Cayenne Modeler *does* run, just not the one distributed in the DMG.
I built CM from the source distribution using "/usr/bin/mvn clean
install -Passembly,mac" and it runs fine, so I don't think it is an
issue with choosing the Java version.

mrg

PS. I can just skip the OS X stuff and do the rest of the evaluation.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> BTW, Mike, do you have both Java 6 & 7, or just 7? E.g. here is what I have on my
machine:

> ~: /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home
>
> ~: /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.6
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
>
> ~: java -version
> java version "1.7.0_25"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
>
> (and the Modeler somehow still picks Java 6)
>
> Andrus
>
> On Jul 14, 2013, at 9:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>> I suspect OS X already cached some information associated with this particular download
on your machine.

>> Not sure how we get out of a bind with the release vote here? Maybe you take the
release "src" assembly (which is from the ASF perspective is the only thing that matters in
a release; of course the end users may have a different opinion :)), build an OS X assembly
from it locally, and test the Modeler based on your build? Not ideal, bit without having a
clue as to the nature of the Modeler failures not sure what else we can do.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jul 14, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
>>> I've rebooted, downloaded using different browsers, and tried Ari's
>>> trick of docking the modeler/etc, but still no luck running it from
>>> the distribution copy (the one I built locally runs).  I suppose it
>>> could just be my system and if so, I'll be neutral on the release.  My
>>> system is up-to-date:
>>>
>>> [11:05:18] ~/Projects/Eclipse/3.2-Release> java -version
>>> java version "1.7.0_25"
>>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15)
>>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
>>>
>>> And I'm on 10.8.4, just like Andrus.
>>>
>>> mrg

You should move

9