cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Oddity...
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:25:13 GMT
I wonder if that was the result of the positioning defaults stored by the modeler when you
opened it previously with a single monitor, and applied to the situation with 2 monitors.

I guess we also need to store screen parameters together with defaults, and throw away defaults
if a different monitor geometry is detected. (not even sure Java would allow to do that reliably)

A.

On Jul 25, 2013, at 8:21 PM, Tony Giaccone <tgiaccone@gmail.com> wrote:

> So an answer to this question has been discovered. The modeler was opening successfully.
However it was positioned  such that only a very narrow edge(2 or 3 pixels wide) of the left
side of the window was visible on the right edge of the right monitor of my dual monitor setup.
 Essentially there was a narrow sliver of the window that was visible.

> Once I grabbed it and pulled it out from where it was hiding everything was fine.
>

> Tony
>
> On Jul 18, 2013, at 6:39 AM, Tony Giaccone <tgiaccone@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And yet no window displays. A icon shows up in the dock. I wonder do you have two
monitors? Is it possible that something with that configuration is causing this oddity?

>> Tony
>>
>> On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>
>>> To me this doesn't look any different from a successfully started app.

start 3.1B2 Modeler with either OpenJDK or Oracle Java (both 1.7.0_25). Logged in under root,
but really hope that shouldn't matter… CayenneModeler won't attempt to write anywhere outside
$HOME.

installed open jdk 7 and downloaded cayenne 3.0.2 and 3.1B2

detailed info a out what is happening?