cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:00:54 GMT
Yeah, I think no Java 6 may be the cause here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14806709/application-is-using-java-6-from-apple-instead-of-java-7-from-oracle-on-mac-os-x

For now IMO we should declare Java 7 OS X Modeler support as "coming soon", release M1 and
then research our options.

Andrus

On Jul 14, 2013, at 10:51 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> BTW, Mike, do you have both Java 6 & 7, or just 7? E.g. here is what I have on my
machine:

> ~: /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home
>
> ~: /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.6
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
>
> ~: java -version
> java version "1.7.0_25"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
>
> (and the Modeler somehow still picks Java 6)
>
> Andrus
>
> On Jul 14, 2013, at 9:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>> I suspect OS X already cached some information associated with this particular download
on your machine.

>> Not sure how we get out of a bind with the release vote here? Maybe you take the
release "src" assembly (which is from the ASF perspective is the only thing that matters in
a release; of course the end users may have a different opinion :)), build an OS X assembly
from it locally, and test the Modeler based on your build? Not ideal, bit without having a
clue as to the nature of the Modeler failures not sure what else we can do.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jul 14, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
>>> I've rebooted, downloaded using different browsers, and tried Ari's
>>> trick of docking the modeler/etc, but still no luck running it from
>>> the distribution copy (the one I built locally runs).  I suppose it
>>> could just be my system and if so, I'll be neutral on the release.  My
>>> system is up-to-date:
>>>
>>> [11:05:18] ~/Projects/Eclipse/3.2-Release> java -version
>>> java version "1.7.0_25"
>>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15)
>>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
>>>
>>> And I'm on 10.8.4, just like Andrus.
>>>
>>> mrg

You should move

9