cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne.objectForQuery generic
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:26:49 GMT
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that conversation. I'm going through now and replacing the calls
in one of my apps with the 3.2 API: not sure if I'll put this into production yet, but I wanted
to explore how the new API interacts with a real live application.

So far, it works really well. What was the decision about addOrderings, setPageSize, etc?
I know we discussed them; was the consensus to go with a fluent style approach where they
each return SelectQuery instead of void? I assume we can do that without changing the method
names?

Ari

On 21/07/13 5:19pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> It didn't escape it, just that this is an evolving API. M1 has Cayenne.objectForSelect(..).
This was removed just recently from trunk, replaced with ObjectContext.selectOne(..) per CAY-1848.

> And once we have "select" versions for all the main queries in addition to SelectQuery
and SQLSelect, we will also deprecate Cayenne.objectForQuery.

> Andrus
>
> On Jul 21, 2013, at 6:44 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <amaniatis@apache.org> wrote:
>> Is there a reason this one escaped the generification process in the new API in 3.2M1?
Was it an oversight or is there something tricky about this?

>> Ari
>>
>> --
>> Aristedes Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis