cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 08:53:51 GMT
Yes, I see the same random behaviour with another of my projects. Only on OSX and there is
no discernable pattern. A workstation will fail in just that way. But then you can drag the
app to the Dock and run it from there just fine. After you do that, the original app might
then be double clickable again.

I am pretty sure this is just a runtime OSX/Java oddity and nothing to do with the build itself
being broken. We have seen it happen less often since our machines moved to Java 7.

Ari

On 14/07/13 1:48am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I recall one of my colleagues ran into a similar unexplainable behavior with a newly
downloaded Modeler about a year ago. That was a version of Cayenne that was current back then.
We went through a bunch of random motions - reboots, re-downloads, and eventually it worked.
Also couldn't figure out the cause… I attribute it to some OS X bug.

--
Aristedes Maniatis