cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Buildbot RAT reports no longer working for Cayenne project
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 06:16:02 GMT

On Jul 8, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

>> The build is back to normal, although the report at
>> http://ci.apache.org/projects/cayenne/rat-output.html is not. I tried both
>> <filename> patterns and **/<filename> patterns with no visible difference.
>> What I noticed is that timestamp in the bottom of the report is stuck at
> 2013-
>> 07-06T11:25:18.046Z (which is yesterday). Do we need to do anything to
>> refresh the report?
>
> Looks good to me:
>
> Generated at 2013-07-07T22:25:21.521Z
>
> Zero license issues, good stuff!
>
> Report is uploaded right away to the web server, but generated into html
> hourly, hence the delay.

Ah great. I got spoiled by our new CMS into thinking that web server publishing is instantaneous
in all cases :)

> I wonder if you can create your rat-excludes file from your rat.sh by
> extending it, that way you wont have to physically
> maintain two files to please two systems? Or use rat-excludes as pattern
> input for rat.sh, just thinking out loud.

Will going to do that, except that there's still one remaining puzzle - Ant is the only env
where "**/xyz" style patterns are supported. Command line and Maven excludes simply match
on the file name, and can't contain slashes. I guess how to reconcile those is a question
for the creadur mailing list.

Andrus