cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:51:52 GMT
BTW, Mike, do you have both Java 6 & 7, or just 7? E.g. here is what I have on my machine:

~: /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home

~: /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.6
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

~: java -version
java version "1.7.0_25"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

(and the Modeler somehow still picks Java 6)

Andrus

On Jul 14, 2013, at 9:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> I suspect OS X already cached some information associated with this particular download
on your machine.

> Not sure how we get out of a bind with the release vote here? Maybe you take the release
"src" assembly (which is from the ASF perspective is the only thing that matters in a release;
of course the end users may have a different opinion :)), build an OS X assembly from it locally,
and test the Modeler based on your build? Not ideal, bit without having a clue as to the nature
of the Modeler failures not sure what else we can do.

> Andrus
>

> On Jul 14, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
>> I've rebooted, downloaded using different browsers, and tried Ari's
>> trick of docking the modeler/etc, but still no luck running it from
>> the distribution copy (the one I built locally runs).  I suppose it
>> could just be my system and if so, I'll be neutral on the release.  My
>> system is up-to-date:
>>
>> [11:05:18] ~/Projects/Eclipse/3.2-Release> java -version
>> java version "1.7.0_25"
>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
>>
>> And I'm on 10.8.4, just like Andrus.
>>
>> mrg
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>> Yes, I see the same random behaviour with another of my projects. Only on
>>> OSX and there is no discernable pattern. A workstation will fail in just
>>> that way. But then you can drag the app to the Dock and run it from there
>>> just fine. After you do that, the original app might then be double
>>> clickable again.
>>>
>>> I am pretty sure this is just a runtime OSX/Java oddity and nothing to do
>>> with the build itself being broken. We have seen it happen less often since
>>> our machines moved to Java 7.
>>>

>>> Ari

DMG),

You should move