cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Miłosz Pigłas <mil...@archeocs.com>
Subject Re: Firebird support
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:18:06 GMT
Hi,

On 06/08/2013 05:53 PM, John Huss wrote:
> [..]
>
> On Saturday, June 8, 2013, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
> [..]

thank you for your help. Adapter is almost ready, but there is still one
test case: org.apache.cayenne.access.NestedDataContext_DeadlockTest,
which fails. Test passes only if checking threads is delayed few second
- probably firebird performance is to low.

Test org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQueryTest#testSelectLongIn(), ends
with error because of generated statement size and firebird limitations
(http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq299/). Are such errors aceptable?

Some tests, which tries to delete all records from table where one
record has reference to other record in _the same table_ also ends in
error. Usually in method setUpAfterInjection(), which prepares database
to test.
Firebird doesn't recognise that all records are deleted and denies
breaking foreign key constraint.
Example of such case is org.apache.cayenne.access.JoinPrefetchTest.

My question is how to deal with such errors? In this case solution might
be removing references before clearing table, but I'm not sure it is
good idea to change code of test cases.

Regards
Milosz