cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Modeler improvements
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 16:37:20 GMT
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 3:41 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>wrote:

> * rework of ObjRelationship/ObjAttribute "inspector" (Better path mapping
> UI, display the joins … just something that is not confusing)

YES! (I know I opened a bug for this).

> * Filters for Left-hand project navigator (kind of like Eclipse panel
> filters) to show/hide everything/objentities/dbentities/queries
>
> * Allow to link DataMaps to DataNodes from DataNode editor. Also when
> creating the first DN in the project, auto link all DMs to it.
>
> * Make DataMap editor fields wider.
>
> * better callback mapping (maybe a tree of callback types with methods?
> instead of a dropdown). Otherwise it is hard to get a big picture for a
> given entity.

YES! (I think I opened a bug report for this).

> * Merge Entity Attributes and Relationships tabs together

YES!

> * at the minimum add "new attr" and "new rel" buttons to the "rel" and
> "attr" panels
>
> * Generate classes/ generate DB schema should be enabled when higher tree
> objects are selected
>
> * Easy navigation between related attributes and rels
>
> * remove ":sync w/DbEntity" button from ObjEntity - it is redundant and
> already present on the entity toolbar.
>
> * Remove DataDomain cache configuration UI and move it to DI
>
> * Remove Listeners support from the Modeler (IMO listeners do not belong
> in the DataMap, unlike callbacks, and should be added in the code)
>
> * (not modeler related) Some XML or property file for cdbimport to tweak
> the naming of special cases of reengineered schemas

I'd also like to see relationships expandable and presented in the
left-hand pane, like EOModeler did.  You could click the plus on "+ Artist"
to expand it to see "+ paintings" under it, etc.  And also be able to open
up paintings, etc.

We might want to mock up some screenshots and comment upon them?

Thanks,

mrg