cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: SQLSelect: Getting fluent… WDYT?
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 14:13:21 GMT
On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>wrote:

> If others are mostly using SQLTemplate to get a count or another aggregate
> function, we should just build utilities around SelectQuery to make
> aggregates possible / easy (kind of like you did already).

I have no issue with including the aggregates into Cayenne if you'd like.
 The entire project is open sourced under ASF 2.0.

>  So I'd like to hear from everyone what are the most typical use cases for
> SQLTemplate now?

I personally rarely use SQLTemplate.  The large project I'm working on has
a few EJBQLQuery uses that do behind-the-scenes updates, but I'll probably
eventually nuke those, too (they are causing issues).  I'd only use an
SQLTemplate if I needed to do something for which Cayenne was really
ill-suited (like a mass-update or mass-delete).

mrg