cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject SQLSelect: Getting fluent… WDYT?
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 15:45:55 GMT
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/query/SQLSelect.java

So SQLTemplate annoyed me enough to wrap it as a quick experiment with fluent APIs. I guess
this is the direction where the rest of the queries should be going. Aside from chaining query
configuration parameters, there are "select" and "selectOne" methods that allow to take the
chain to the logical conclusion - the resulting objects.

I can think of other methods for building SQL chunks based on Cayenne mapping, such as "allColumns()",
etc.

What do you think? Also method naming criticism is accepted. E.g. I am not sure that changing
"setPageSize()" to "pageSize()" was such a great idea.

Andrus