cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject CGen includeEntities attribute
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:49:54 GMT
I've been using CGen for a bit and one confusing aspect of it to me was the
way you specific which entities to include for generation.  I expected a
simple comma-separated list, but it requires a regular expression.  You can
sort of make it work like a comma-separated list by using something like
this:

includeEntities="Customer|Invoice"

The problem is that if you have entites whose names contain these
substrings, they will also be included - so an entity named InvoiceDetail
will also be generated.  You can avoid it by using this:

includeEntities="Customer|^Invoice$"

While the vertical bar instead of a comma is unintuitive, but passable,
requiring this syntax is not friendly.

So my questions are:

1) Are people actually using the reg-ex here for useful, more complex
things?
2) Would it be reasonable to add another mutually-exclusive property that
just takes a comma-separated list of entity names?

John