cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Cayenne.java
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 13:22:52 GMT
I was just looking at Cayenne.java introduced in 3.1 and noticed that it is
declared to be a final class.  Is there any reason for this?  I can quite
easily see people wanting to subclass it to add their own utility methods
which would make it easier for all those utilities to be grouped together
in one bigger class rather than spread out over several classes (from an
end-user's perspective of having to deal with different imports to access
the utilities -- obviously there would still be multiple classes, it would
just be better hidden).

Thanks,

mrg