cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne.java
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 15:27:28 GMT
Yeah. All its methods are static. There's no static inheritance in Java (unlike in say Objective
C, you can't truly redefine a static method). So there's no instance behavior to inherit.
In my mind this is a good reason to not ever want to subclass "Cayenne".

Of course API style often comes down to personal preferences :)

Andrus