cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Git?
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:48:58 GMT
Just found this Jira about Wicket migration to Git:

It has just enough info for us to kickstart the process I hope. So before I open a similar
Jira, I guess we need to decide 2 things:

1. who'll be our infra/git volunteers. I am ready to be one. We'll likely need one more.

2. The breakdown of the target Git repo. We have a bunch of top level directories under here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/

"main", "site" and "artwork" are all active and up-to-date. So those will become individual
repos. The rest are somewhat stale, but we don't want it to disappear of course. I guess once
we get access to the Git repo and see if we can use subfolders for repos, we'll create a folder
called "archive" and move the remaining stuff under it. Or just keep it in SVN (which we'll
likely keep around, just like Tapestry and Wicket did).

Thoughts?

Andrus

On Nov 2, 2012, at 4:14 AM, Robert Zeigler <robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:
> Tapestry did make the switch to git awhile back. Unfortunately, due to finishing up my
schooling, I have not been as actively involved the last while as I would like. I might have
the git-switch discussions saved somewhere that I can dig through to see how to get the process
rolling.

> Robert
>
> On Nov 1, 2012, at 11/13:52 PM , Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure, but I kind of thought the Tapestry project had already
>> done it, so perhaps someone there could comment if they have.  I've
>> only used Git through GitHub thus far and am still a novice, but it
>> does have some nice features.
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201211.mbox/%3C798BB60C-BEEF-4B38-ACF3-2738A07D6595%40oracle.com%3E
>>>
>>> I am not following infra-dev, but the question of Git came up on the incubator
list in an unrelated thread (see the link above). I'd love if we could do away with svn and
git-svn and go Git all the way. Anyone has any insight on where Infra stands on that and how
to sign up Cayenne for Git switchover?