cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Tuers <rtu...@oildex.com>
Subject BaseContext
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 05:19:20 GMT
Hello,

We are using Cayenne 3.0 and recently implemented the WebApplicationContextFilter and we are
using BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext().

This is working great for our JSF Web Application.  However we introduced Apache Camel into
our tech stack.  Our Front-End Web Application post a message to a queue that our backend
picks up, processes the request and then puts the return results back on a queue which the
front end is listening too.  When the Front-End receives the information I then want to insert
new records into the database.  Therefore I try to get a BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext()
however it throws a "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Current thread has no bound ObjectContext".
 So it appears the there is no ThreadLocal to attach to and we are likely outside of the WebApplicationContext.
 Everything works great, when I am within our JSF application flow.

I've tried to catch the illegal state error and then return a DataContext.createDataContext().
  Unfortunately this did not work either, I get an error saying something like "the object
is not part of this DataContext".  So I already have the parent object from the original request,
I then use camel to send a request to the back-end, which returns me data that I need to create
the children.  I try setting the parent on the child and I get this error.

So I'm not sure what to try next.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Rich