cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3.1B2
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:50:30 GMT
Thanks for the information. Let me try to reproduce this.

On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dkazimirchyk@gmail.com> wrote:

> From what I was able to find now it seems like it is related to CAY-1729. I'm not sure
how it used to work before but now for us the problem is that we have id property declared
in super entity and inherited by sub entities. Now this property is present in every sub entity
descriptor's declaredProperties list which itself looks like it is meant to accumulate only
NEW UNIQUE properties declared in sub entities and not present in parent. This in turn leads
to id column descriptor type of super entity always being reset to VOID by following code
inside SelectTranslator and therefore field always containing null value.

>    private void appendColumn(..........  {
>        if (skipSet.add(new ColumnTracker(alias, attribute))) {
>           ..... add new column descriptor.......
>        }
>        else if (objAttribute != null) {
>            for (ColumnDescriptor column : columns) {
>                if (attribute.getName().equals(column.getName())) {
>                    if (original != null) {
>                        if (attributeOverrides == null) {
>                            attributeOverrides = new HashMap<ObjAttribute, ColumnDescriptor>();
>                        }
>
>                        attributeOverrides.put(original, column);
>                        column.setJavaClass(Void.TYPE.getName());
>                    }
>                }
>            }
>        }
>    }
>
> ELSE part is executed if the attribute is already present: the case we get with id props
coming again from sub entities.