cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne under OSGi
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 06:01:49 GMT
Hi cghersi,

Thanks!

Trying to make sense of the GitHub project structure and what is different from Cayenne. From
what I can tell we need this piece in the pom:

	<plugin>
		<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
		<version>2.3.7</version>
		<extensions>true</extensions>
		<configuration>
			<instructions>
				<Export-Package>org.apache.cayenne, org.apache.cayenne.*</Export-Package>
				<Bundle-SymbolicName>${project.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
			</instructions>
		</configuration>
	</plugin>

and also the META-INF dir ( https://github.com/cristianoghersi/CayenneOSGi/tree/master/cayenne-osgi/META-INF
) ?

Or is META-INF generated?

Also integrating this into our convoluted build structure will be a challenge. One of the
3.2 undeclared goals is simplifying the build structure, so maybe once we start looking into
it, we might consider the OSGi aspect. And in any event it is very helpful for us, even we
can't simply patch Cayenne from what's on the GitHub. It gives a clear idea of what we need
to do to make ours jars OSGi-friendly.

Cheers,
Andrus