cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3.1B2
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:43:51 GMT
Ok, I checked with Dima - my fix per CAY-1794 didn't help. I'll have to spend some more time
reproducing the problem. I guess I'll be suspending the vote for a few days until we identify
the problem and decide whether it warrants the release cancelation.

Andrus

On Feb 15, 2013, at 2:50 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the information. Let me try to reproduce this.
>
> On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dkazimirchyk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From what I was able to find now it seems like it is related to CAY-1729. I'm not
sure how it used to work before but now for us the problem is that we have id property declared
in super entity and inherited by sub entities. Now this property is present in every sub entity
descriptor's declaredProperties list which itself looks like it is meant to accumulate only
NEW UNIQUE properties declared in sub entities and not present in parent. This in turn leads
to id column descriptor type of super entity always being reset to VOID by following code
inside SelectTranslator and therefore field always containing null value.

>>   private void appendColumn(..........  {
>>       if (skipSet.add(new ColumnTracker(alias, attribute))) {
>>          ..... add new column descriptor.......
>>       }
>>       else if (objAttribute != null) {
>>           for (ColumnDescriptor column : columns) {
>>               if (attribute.getName().equals(column.getName())) {
>>                   if (original != null) {
>>                       if (attributeOverrides == null) {
>>                           attributeOverrides = new HashMap<ObjAttribute, ColumnDescriptor>();
>>                       }
>>
>>                       attributeOverrides.put(original, column);
>>                       column.setJavaClass(Void.TYPE.getName());
>>                   }
>>               }
>>           }
>>       }
>>   }
>>
>> ELSE part is executed if the attribute is already present: the case we get with id
props coming again from sub entities.