cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject CAY-1790 - Eclipse plugin built with Maven
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 23:24:29 GMT
Hi,

Not sure if any of you have been following the discussion about maven-buildable Eclipse plugin
under CAY-1790. It is pretty cool to have the plugin integrated into our main build. Hopefully
this will enable the process for further enhancing the plugin. I have a few questions for
Imrich, the author of the plugin:

1. If I understand correctly, the plugin itself has no relation to our earlier attempts to
bring CayenneModeler closer to Eclipse at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin/
?

2. What are your plans for future development of the plugin? If we move it to Apache infrastructure
from GitHub, would you be interested to work with us here? Or do you feel like keeping working
on GitHub instead?

3. If we move the development to Apache, we'll need to go through an IP clearance procedure
first. Hopefully that won't be too painful :) This will either require signing a personal
CLA or possibly submitting a software grant (both are listed here http://www.apache.org/licenses/
). If you don't have any objections to this, I hope this will be a pure formality. But still
wanted to mention.

So I guess the most important question is #2 - your vision of the future of this plugin.

Thanks,
Andrus