cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cayenne.adapter.[domain].[node] property
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:45:23 GMT
Is it necessary to open a connection to the DB to get the metdata in order
to detect the adapter?  Couldn't you just look at the jdbc url scheme?

For migrations I'd like to allow for DB specific sql to be put in separate
files and then choose the correct file based on which DB is actually being
used.  I was looking at the Adapter classname for this, but if AutoAdapter
is used I can't tell what which DB it is.  So would the jdbc url be a
reliable source for this info?

Relatedly, what if AutoAdapter replaced itself with the actual adapter
after it was detected?  Wouldn't that be better that delegating?