cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: CAY-1626 Add JodaTime DateTime support
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:16:46 GMT
I just found a note to say that JSR-310 is due to land in Java 8 in January. I hope they make
it!

I am pretty sure there is a package for older Java users as well.

Ari

On 17/12/12 6:00pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> We already have a bunch of deps like JGroups that are excluded via the ugly cayenne-server/cayenne-client
hack. Need a cleaner solution to include integrations. I am wondering if we should play with
"optional" Maven dependency scope for such things.

> Otherwise I am open to including Joda (and then later its JDK analog).
>
> Andrus
>

> On Dec 16, 2012, at 3:55 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>> On 16/12/12 10:06am, John Huss wrote:
>>> Any thoughts on supporting joda time?  Would this be better if placed a
>>> third party jar to avoid adding a new dependency?   Or is it something
>>> you're interested in adding to the core?
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1626
>>

>> I definitely don't think that it should go into the core, especially since the successor
to Joda is scheduled to land in Java 8 (I hope!).

>> https://github.com/ThreeTen/threeten
>>
>> Ari
>>

>> --
>> Aristedes Maniatis