cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: December 2012 Board Report
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 04:59:08 GMT
I made some comments.

* Apache CMS migration done
* Jenkins seems to have settled down recently
* I am not sure if we have a consensual desire to move to git. I don't mind git (I use it
on another project every day), but I don't find it the panacea that others do. Perhaps that's
because there is no time of the day or night I am without internet, so the offline capabilities
of git are less an issue for me. My concerns with git are mostly workflow:

- encourages development in 'secret' for longer periods before pushing to central repo
- svn must be kept for the Apache CMS
- I like the clear linear flow of svn commit numbers as compared to understanding the relative
position of a commit on various git branches

Personally, I think we should let other Apache projects tread new ground in developing processes
for integrating third party patches and other workflow issues around git.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis