cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Stateless RequestHandler
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 13:41:25 GMT

On Dec 7, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
> My recollection is that the Session version is in there as an example.

Yep. Though many people use that in real apps (maybe those who are using CDI or the good old
web.xml for services integration), but since there's so many ways service integration can
be done in Java webapps, we don't promote it as *the* way/

> As you've pointed out, it's easy to create Request version.   One
> flavor would create a new Context each request.  Another way would be
> to reuse requests between threads (Really, a "Thread" version).
>
> I suspect that this is why we've not added them in the past -- very
> simple, plus it's really two more versions rather than one.

Yep. But I guess this will be a good demonstration that session-scoped context is not the
only way to do things. So I certainly do not object the original proposal, as long as we keep
making it clear that this is one of the many possible integration scenarios.

Andrus