cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: docbook styling
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:53:46 GMT
To me the site workflow is using "maven-site-plugin". I don't think we care for any of that.
We execute docbook plugin, with expectation that it generates pdfs and htmls anywhere under
"target/". So there's nothing special, just a thin wrapper for docbook tools.

> But all my templating seems to have gone away.

IIRC initially you checked in an example of how to do docbook, and we created 4 fresh "book"
projects based on that example, and then got rid of the example. I think the original XSLs
survived tho (and of course this is all in SVN history).

Andrus

On Nov 8, 2012, at 5:42 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
> I added all that to our maven build. It is the docbook stuff I understand really well.
But the use of maven "site" as a workflow is seriously problematic because of odd things it
does when you don't want to use the 'maven way'. But all my templating seems to have gone
away. Not sure why right now.

> Ari

>> There's no "maven site publishing" involved as such. We are running the Docbook Maven
plugin, which seems like a rather thin wrapper around Docbook tools (that by themselves may
be magic, fwiw)… Like I said, I was planning some refactoring to clean up our obsolete docs
structure, and also to provide a more-site friendly HTML template (maybe just a clickable
logo that takes to Cayenne home page, but also some "metadata", like the docs version etc.).
I guess once the second part (template) is done we can work on the CSS.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Nov 8, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au> wrote:
>>> Anyone know what happened the docbook stylesheets?
>>>
>>> https://cayenne.apache.org/doc/3_1/cayenne-guide/css/cayenne-doc.css
>>>
>>> They look a bit empty. The maven site publishing stuff is a bit magic at the
best of times (which is one reason I've almost finished migrating my own $work to gradle).