cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Website doc path renaming
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:50:20 GMT
Sure. I'll rename 3_1 to 3.1. Makes sense.

Regarding older docs… Let me play with .htaccess. I think we can move those too.

Again, now that we have possibilities not available when we used Confluence, organizing everything
the way it "should" be is certainly a good idea.

Andrus

On Nov 8, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>> I didn't touch 1.2, 2.0, 3.0 layout. So no need for redirects. I strongly support
the notion that we shouldn't be changing the existing well-publicized URLs without a cause.
And if we do, always provide a 301 redirect (see "content/.htaccess"). But this is not the
case here.

>> The new scheme starts with 3.1 release. Among other things the new CMS freed us from
the directory and file naming imposed by Confluence Autoexport, so I figured the URLs might
follow the menu hierarchy for the docs. Also "unflattening" the top directory structure seems
like a good thing for our own sanity.

> Personally I don't know it is more sane (although I hate underscores). But I think we
*want* consistency. That is, if I'm looking at