cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Moving "merge" package to cayenne-tools in 3.2?
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:14:19 GMT
I wonder we should move "merge" package to cayenne-tools from cayenne-server in 3.2. To me
schema manipulation operations are somewhat separate from the runtime part. (So DbLoader and
DbGenerator are also candidates for a similar move, maybe later).

"merge" main use seems to be from the Modeler, which imports cayenne-tools.jar. And of course
cayenne-tools is available via Maven, and other Cayenne distribution channels.

Any reason to keep it in the runtime framework?

Andrus

P.S. I am also looking at much more glaring modularity issues with Cayenne (the whole "unpublished"
thing that we discussed on many occasions), but don't have any proposals yet, so figured we'd
start with things more confined in scope.