cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: docbook styling
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:42:52 GMT
I added all that to our maven build. It is the docbook stuff I understand really well. But
the use of maven "site" as a workflow is seriously problematic because of odd things it does
when you don't want to use the 'maven way'. But all my templating seems to have gone away.
Not sure why right now.

Ari

On 8/11/12 9:57pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> There's no "maven site publishing" involved as such. We are running the Docbook Maven
plugin, which seems like a rather thin wrapper around Docbook tools (that by themselves may
be magic, fwiw)… Like I said, I was planning some refactoring to clean up our obsolete docs
structure, and also to provide a more-site friendly HTML template (maybe just a clickable
logo that takes to Cayenne home page, but also some "metadata", like the docs version etc.).
I guess once the second part (template) is done we can work on the CSS.

> Andrus
>

> On Nov 8, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au> wrote:
>> Anyone know what happened the docbook stylesheets?
>>
>> https://cayenne.apache.org/doc/3_1/cayenne-guide/css/cayenne-doc.css
>>
>> They look a bit empty. The maven site publishing stuff is a bit magic at the best
of times (which is one reason I've almost finished migrating my own $work to gradle).

>> Ari
>>

>> --
>> Aristedes Maniatis
>> ish
>> http://www.ish.com.au
>> Level 1, 30 Wilson Street Newtown 2042 Australia
>> phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Aristedes Maniatis