cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Website doc path renaming
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:37:12 GMT
On 8/11/12 6:56pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I didn't touch 1.2, 2.0, 3.0 layout. So no need for redirects. I strongly support the
notion that we shouldn't be changing the existing well-publicized URLs without a cause. And
if we do, always provide a 301 redirect (see "content/.htaccess"). But this is not the case
here.

> The new scheme starts with 3.1 release. Among other things the new CMS freed us from
the directory and file naming imposed by Confluence Autoexport, so I figured the URLs might
follow the menu hierarchy for the docs. Also "unflattening" the top directory structure seems
like a good thing for our own sanity.

Personally I don't know it is more sane (although I hate underscores). But I think we *want*
consistency. That is, if I'm looking at

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/3.0/something

I'd like to be able to change the url to

   http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/2.0/something

and have it work.

Ari

--